Sunday, April 6, 2008

Random Things - Sort of Tagged

Blame it on Susie but reading her "Random Things" list tagged me after reading it. Here goes a list of maybe not so exciting things:

My sister is 17 years older than me (I was adopted but my cousin who wasn't, is 17 years younger than her oldest sibling. There are many brothers and sisters in between, too. Yikes for her mom!)

I lived in Little Rock, AR during both of Bill Clinton's presidential wins and was right in front of the stage when he accepted the second win. That was amazing what with all the press and celebrities but seeing Tony Bennett sing was probably the icing on the cake.

A few years after that I moved to Bloomington, IN and was able to attend a speech by the Dalai Lama. One is never the same after seeing this man in person.

I learned to crochet when I was 5.

Math was my best subject in high school (I even won a math competition) but was so sick of it when I went to college that I majored in Fashion Merchandising. No one can suspect you of being a brainiac when you pursue this major even though it's not quite so easy as it seems. Try threading a 5-thread serger sometime.

I always named my dogs Snoopy when I was a kid. I never missed a Charlie Brown special.

I recently wrote a bunch of limericks for the Chicago Sun-Times "Keep It Wrigley" contest and hope to win a T-shirt for my nephew. They actually put a few of them up on their website so I guess you could say I've been published in a major newspaper. I just hope to win a shirt.

I'll stop at 7. If you feel like sharing then you are tagged as well. Thanks for stopping by today!

1 comment:

IamSusie said...

Education majors have the same "Mickey Mouse" stereotype. I am really impressed that you learned to crochet when you were 5! I tried teaching my daughter at that age and she could not get it.