Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Rockin Robin

Last weekend, Mother's Day weekend, my daughter had her first dance recital in a real auditorium on a real stage. She danced for about 2 1/2 minutes but we were there almost 3 hours and we sat through 46 dances. We don't live in a small town so it was amazing to see how many people we knew who had girls in the show. My daughter is the one on the right. Her partner is one of the only girls taller than her in the class.

Below is a video from my limited still picture camera (and my first attempt at posting to YouTube) that just happens to have a video feature BUT it has no sound so you will have to imagine their song, "Rockin Robin." We really need a camcorder and I want a new digital camera. It was a slightly crafty weekend because my daughter lost her black gloves before the recital so I bought a new pair and they were too big so I had to shorten the fingers. I also had to tack her belt in place so it wouldn't ride up too far. Oh, the joys of costumes.

No comments: