Wednesday, March 7, 2007

8 1/2" x 11" Photo Collage

I'm discovering something I really like about scrapbooking/paper crafting. I can make my own photo collages that the photography studios at department stores try to get you to buy. I took the four poses we received from the studio and made paper frames for the wallet size. I glued the portraits to the frames and then to a piece of 8 1/2" x 11" piece of The Paper Studio Christmas paper. I embossed the year on a piece of cardstock then layered it on another piece of cardstock to glue to the center. To finish it off I tied a bow and glued it to one of the corners just to make it interesting.
Although I envisioned this to be fitted for an 8 x 10 frame I think I will keep it this size and simply hang it on my wall at work. Wow! I've actually finished an item from 2006. By the way, it originally said 2007 until I realized Christmas 2007 hasn't happened yet. I don't need this year to be over yet! Good thing I caught that. I wish the photo was a little better but this had the least glare. I really need to stop doing this late at night and wait for some natural light but I get so excited when I finish something I just can't wait to get it uploaded.

No comments: