Monday, June 4, 2007

Flea Market Fun

Last month the Chicago Craft Collective went on a little field trip to the Kane County Flea Market and I couldn't go. Luckily, this month I was there. I took along my hubby and my 6 year old. When I almost decided not to go my daughter begged and begged. So, since I didn't really need much encouragement I said "ok". And, although we warned her there would be lots of walking involved she still was excited until we actually got there. Then it was all about the feet hurting after just getting through one booth until we found Barbie dolls, new in the box for only $5. She picked out a cool cheerleader representing Texas. Later she found a used but good condition Cinderella Barbie for another mere $2 then 2 rings for $1. She definitely made out especially when we found swimsuits for $5 and I even got one. They were brand new with tags still on. The vendor says they got them in a lot at an auction from an out of business water park.

Okay, now we had lots of good bargains but not exactly what I intended to be on the lookout for at the flea market. Then I found a pile of old banners of mostly vacation destinations. In the pile I got this Kentucky - Birthplace of Lincoln which is going to go great for a scrapbook section using photos from a trip to the actual birthplace of Lincoln in Hodgenville, KY. I also picked up one for Brown County Indiana which I also have photos from a visit. It is a great place to view fall foliage by the way and not quite as expensive as New England.


Then I found my last purchases of the day. A 2 yard piece of this sweet vintage fabric and a handkerchief in great shape. It was a great day and I could have spent a lot more money without trying too hard.



No comments: